Saturday, April 7, 2007

Spring "Break"

So, I decided to do the spring break thing this year (kind of). On Monday, I went with a bunch of friends to the Dells and stayed in one of those water-park hotels. It was a pretty neat experience, but all in all, I'm glad it was only one night. First off, I was sick. That nasty flu that was going around during Christmas break was not the only flu going around I guess, as it struck me again. Being the sick one, no one even wanted to share a bed with me, so I ended up sleeping on the floor right next to the bathroom. Great.

Other than that though, it was a pretty interesting experience. Because our spring break was so late this year, hardly anyone else was there, so there were no lines for the slides or other pools, which was pretty nice. We also explored the downtown Dells area and went to some pretty cool places (not just bars) which made it worth the trip (although put a huge dent in my bank account.

But since Monday night, I have been back to the daily grind, working full days, trying to finish all my essays due the day after spring break, getting everything ready for graduation (I guess we are suppose to get our cap and gown already?) and going on those ever-popular job interviews (in which I'm competing for one position with all the other thousands of college-grads). My one hope is that it gets nice out soon, so I can sit outside and do this stuff...the library is getting old.

Anyhow, I hope everyone else is having an awesome spring break too!!

2 comments:

Randi said...

I find those indoor water park hotels fascinating. I mean, when we were kids there wasn't ANYTHING like that. You were lucky if the hotel had a pool you could jump into! I realize that jobhunting is stressful, but look on the bright side: you could be stuck writing a million papers and pulling many all-nighters for another year like this kid. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well said.